Location: Durban, Pinetown & Amanzimtoti
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
PEP is offering a 12-month learnership opportunity to achieve a National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations (NQF4). Successful candidates will attend classes and work in a PEP store in order to gain valuable work experience.
- Assist customers and create an exciting shopping experience
- Maximise sales to meet store targets
- Display merchandise according to company standards
- Handle stock and stock administration according to set standards
- Assist with in-store security to minimise stock losses
- Handle cash at a cash register, in accordance with company procedures
- Perform all sales related duties at the cash register, in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain general health, safety and housekeeping standards
Pep In-Service Training Programme (TVET Students Only) In Durban
Pep is offering qualifying students an exciting opportunity to participate in a work-integrated learning programme for 18 months in partial fulfilment of their Diploma requirement in Business Management, Retail Management and HR Management.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The In-Service Training will be focused on developing students by assisting them in gaining work-integrated learning and on the job development in the retail sector.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates need to have completed their theory for a TVET N6 Diploma in one of the following fields and be keen on the field of retail:
- Business Management
- Sales and/or Marketing Management
- Retail Management
- HR Management
NB: Only the above qualifications will be considered.
Candidates must display the following characteristics:
- A willingness to learn
- Be self-motivated
- Be a team-player
- Grade 12
- Must currently be unemployed
- Good Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills and a Team player
- Good Service Orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and perform physical duties
- Ability to work accurately with a focus on detail
- Willingness to work retail hours
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, with the POSITION AND AREA you are applying for as your reference.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of employment equity guidelines.